Supply of construction products to UK market (UKCA- marking). Services related to UKCA-marking from Finotrol

Supply requirements of CE-marked construction products to UK (Wales, England and Scotland) market area has changed since 1.1.2021.

During transfer period, CE-marking  (EU Declaration of Performance) of construction products is accepted optionally together with national UKCA-marking until end of year 2022. After this only UKCA-marking (UK Declaration of Conformity) shall be applied. UKCA-marking requirement is not concerning supplies to Northern Ireland.

More information:

You can obtain UKCA marking from Control Union UK/Control Union Finland Oy for the following construction products:

  • Strength graded structural timber, EN 14081
  • Structural finger-jointed timber, EN 15497      
  • Glued laminated timber (Glulam), EN 14080
  • Wood poles, EN 14229
  • Solid wood paneling and cladding: EN 14915 (AVCP 1)
  • Wood-based panels, EN 13986: 2004 (AVCP 2+, AVCP 1)

Certification regarding UKCA-marking is applied from Control Union Finland Oy, but certificates are granted by Control Union UK. If you need UKCA marking, i.e. you are already supplying CE marked items or you are about to start supplying the construction products listed above to the UK (Wales, England and Scotland) market, we are kindly helping you to obtain it for your product.